Friday, January 22, 2010

Question about hair colour - any hairdressers out there?

I had hair that had been highlighted with a light blonde but it had grown out quite a lot.





I also had some other blonde tones highlighted.





It was basically naturally dark blonde hair with various other blondes in it.





I was fed up of roots so i went in and asked for a full head of my natural dark blonde hair colour.





She said that it might take a few applications to get it to stay because of the light blondes in it and also she would use a golden tone this time as my natural hair colour had a slight golden tone.





I've come out with hair that looks like a dark brown/red colour, fairly darker and more golden/red than my natural hair colour.





It looks ok but I just want all my hair my natural colour.





Does this sound like the usual way to go about it? Or would you expect the colour to look more like my natural colour even off the first colour application?





ThanksQuestion about hair colour - any hairdressers out there?
well she should have added some blue to take the red out!!!!!!but if i were u now i would go get some foils and have the hi -lites put bk in it~~~i am a 23 yr stylist hereQuestion about hair colour - any hairdressers out there?
I get what she's saying about the fading as bleached hair tends not to hold colour well at first but dunno why she couldn't get your natural colour. If darkening by a few shades you would need to use a red first to prevent it going green but shouldn't really to cover highlights by a couple of shades :os
red.


i'm a professional.


i work at a salon in la.


rachel bilson had your same problem!


i told her red,


but she wouldn't do it.


but you should!


rachel would look so much better with red.





hope this helped:)
I could see it looking a bit darker than your original color, since the light blonde areas would take the color differently, but I don't understand why there's red. She should have used a warm dark blonde without any red tones in it.


';A few applications to stay';? What the heck? Did she mean it was going to fade? If that's the case, I can understand that. It will take a while for your hair to grow back out. Honestly, though, a good colorist should be able to color your hair almost any color you want, and a dark blonde should be easy. I would consider getting a second opinion, or just letting it grow out.

No comments:

Post a Comment