Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hair - two tone - why won't hairdressers do it properly?

I wanted my hair dying blonde on the top and black underneath. My salon only put highlights in so the contrast wasn't that great ( they used a brown instead of black too ). So, in an attempt to liven things up the next time I went, I had it dyed red underneath instead. The red washed out within a week so I'm now left with a reddy brown underneath.





What have I got to ask for, to get a really vibrant hair do ????Hair - two tone - why won't hairdressers do it properly?
Money doesn't matter..they set their own price. Just tell them that you aren't happy with it and have them redo it until you are. I doubt you'll have a problem if you just say that it isn't really what you asked for.Hair - two tone - why won't hairdressers do it properly?
find a picture of something that you want it like and next time you go take it and explain to them its like that how you want it!
I know what you're going through! every single time I get my hair done I ask them to take the horrible brassy tones out of my hair and yet I walk out of there with them still on show! Maybe find a picture and take it in, it's definitely worth a try as nothing else seems to work! x
I dont care how trendy a place is, if I came out unhappy once thats enough for me to not go back!





Ive been to loads over the years and my regular one i use now turns out to be the old lady hairdresser down the street that i would go to with my mum as a kid!! eeeeek!! I hear you say !


but you know what, out of all the places Ive ever been over the years and 拢拢 Ive forked out ( and tears Ive shed! ) they are the only ones who do exactly like I ask them, without trying to add lib there own ideas and there cheaper too! they also consult me as they are doing my hair, not just before they start. I have quite a precision cut hair style at the min and so many people ask where I get it done and cant believe I say 'wendys' next to the corner shop, surrounded by blue rinses lol !





try a new salon, and find a picture or 2 of what you want!
Is that the only salon you've ever been to? If so, I'd try somewhere else next time. If you like the place you're going, explain to them what's happening. If they don't color your hair right, bring a picture of exactly what you want. That way, the colors will be more exact, and it is easier for them. You deserve to get just what you want from your money and on your hair!
The red color molecule is bigger than normal color molecules, so if you aren't washing your hair in cool water like you should be it is going to come right out. Did you ask for highlights? Just tell them what you want and don't let them do anything to you that you don't want. If you asked for black and they didn't give it to you they need to do it again for free, they messed up, maybe you should go to a different salon.
Major suggestion: STOP GOING TO THAT HAIR SALON





Their hair dye shouldn't wash completely out, granted hair dye does fade eventually. Try a different place and be very specific with what you want. If you want a deep black, say that you want jet black! If they don't do it right, don't leave until they do. All it takes is a little backbone, they're obligated to please the costumer! Just don't be mean, you don't want to go home and find out a chunk of your hair was cut off. ;D
Just because they r hairdressers, dusnt mean they know what EVERYONE likes , belive me hun i have had many bad experiences with hairdressers! I stick to cutting and colouring my own hair now! I suggest if your looking for something really nice, then its worth spending good money on it. search the internet for top-notch hairdressers
the thing wit the blonde is that if its bleach then it cant go straight on the scalp as it will burn it so thats y the highlites are there when u next go into the salon then say to them that you want the whole top blonde and ask them not to weave the sections and they should then do it all as for the black ask for the colour chart and then say to them this is the colour i want ok i realli want this one if they still dont do it rite then they are just ignorant and u should find another salon lol it may just be that they dont understand wat u want done hope this helps xx
Tell them exactly what you want! Mine is rather like that, but a dark chocolate on the bottom, and streaked blonde on top.
right, i had exactly what u want, very blonde hair on top and a nice dark plum red underneath.





blonde bit - if they gave you high lights and you want more of a blonde effect, ask em to do weaved high lights but lots of them.


bleached can be applied to the scalp but onli when using a low level of peroxide (20% / 6 vol) and it shud onli be used on hair tht is naturally quite light - dark blonde or mousy coloured and should onli be applied by a hairdresser.





another option is to have 1/2 head tint done using a high lift tint.





red bit - red is one them colours, looks great, but fades like a b*tch and also the problem with red is, if you decide you wanna get all your hair blonde, the hairs gotta b coloured corrected - the red hair will be bleached and ash toner added several times.





you can help prevent colour from fading by using a colour protect shampoo... TIGI dumb blonde shampoo/conditioner, TIGI fashionista shampoo/conditioner, TIGI honey and oatmeal shampoo/conditioner


or paul mitchell shampoo 1, paul mitchell colour protect shampoo, paul mitchell instant moisture daily shampoo





avoid using shampoos like pantene or head and shoulders. pantene uses waxes/plastic to make hair appear shiny, but ova time this makes hair appear greasy, dull and lifeless and can cause product build up and head and shoulders will just strip the colour.





email if u got ne q's - devilrachel4eva@yahoo.com
I think you were pretty clear on what you want. And red does tend to wash out quickly on some people. I think you should find you another hairdresser. You should not have paid for the first time you got it done since it wasn't done right.
well make sure you're above a certain price threshold- I've learned that a haircut less than $30 will look like squirrels nibbled your hair. paying less than $100 for color and highlights with a cut isn't a good deal. the more you pay the better the service you're getting and products they're using on you. now red color is VERY hard to keep, it's the quickest fading color. so you have to get a good $$ shampoo like pureology to keep the color. and only buy it at a salon, if you buy salon brands at a drugstore, they're counterfeit.

No comments:

Post a Comment