Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Are there any successful hairdressers out there that have any encouraging words on how to become successful?

I work for a really small salon right now and I love what I do but I'm noticing I'm becoming more and more involved with management of the salon but I'm not evolving as a stylist. I also only get paid minimum wage and I feel I do way more than most would for that amount of money. I enjoy what I do and the fact that I have a say so in what goes on at the salon, but I may be cutting myself short. I plan to own the salon one day and the owner and I have talked about that, but I know there has to be a better way to handle this situation so that I don't get taken advantage of. I love my boss...is there away I can approach her without offending her so that she thinks I don't want to work?Are there any successful hairdressers out there that have any encouraging words on how to become successful?
Just say look I don't want to sound offensive in any way or ungrateful, BUT I feel like i am growing further away from my true passion which is being a stylist first, and I really want to grow a little more behind the chair. I do someday want to maybe own this salon but I don't want to be caught up in being a mngr first. I went to shcool for a reason and that was because I love doing hair and i want to make sure that is what I primaraly do. etc. you can take it from there but also to grow more set up some classes in the salon or go to more classes at hair shows etc. that way you don't fall out of the loop. If the salon is getting slow or something and you need to bring in more people, run a color special or send out postcards with 15% off color or cuts or something and then get creative when your clients come in give them something fresh and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment