Friday, January 22, 2010

Colouring hair when pregnant hairdressers plz?

I am in my first trimester and i have bleach blond hair.


My roots are starting to come through FAST i am terrified of having my hair bleached as in 2007 i was pregnant and waited untill 12 weeks to get my hair bleached and 2 days later my baby died ( missed miscarge)





I know it probably wasn't the cause but i always do wonder so this is why im so worried.





so hairdressers is it REALLY safe to bleach hair when pregnant or could you recomend me something else for during my pregnancy? here are some pics of my hair ( below)





I have a 13 month old baby and through my last pregnancy i left it and looked awful!


Pregnancy isn't kind to my looks anyway bad skin etc so having bad hair for 9 months made me feel down;-(





HELP!!


http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=56鈥?/a>


http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo鈥?/a>





http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/photo鈥?/a>Colouring hair when pregnant hairdressers plz?
heya hunni





my mom is a hairdresser, as had been for almost 30 years, iv had my hair bleached in early pregnancy and later on aswell. its fine.





the reason people worry stems from years ago, bleaches and dyes contained harmful things like formaldhyde (sp?) and traces of arsnic and such.





of course nowadays there's nothing like that at all, also if ur having bleach it wont tounch ur scalp (through the cap) or foils, only a tiny amount goes on the head as it burns to buggery (lol my ex had short hair and asked my mom 2 bleach it, it was 2 short to pull through the cap so he asked to have it direct on his head..... !!!! his head bubbled and the poor bloke eneded up bright ginger as he washed it off 2 soon)





anyway, its fine hunni xx my mom carried on hairdressing throughout her preganancy with me and we were both fine xxColouring hair when pregnant hairdressers plz?
Coloring or bleaching hair while pregnant is perfectly fine. I have found that the smell can make some pregnant women feel sick but that was all. I would suggest calling and talking to your doctor. As a stylist I can only tell you that I have colored and bleached and even permed pregnant women's hair and had nothing go wrong but only your doctor can tell you if there is something in your body that could make you lose the baby and he can give you peace of mind. Good luck and congratulations.
I'm sorry about that :( . But for that sake of your baby don't bleach your hair. It's the safest option.

No comments:

Post a Comment