Friday, May 14, 2010

What do I have to ask for at the hairdressers for a surfy beached wavey longish look?

My hair is naturally quite wavey.





A few years ago, in South America of all places, I went to a hairdressers and asked for short and spikey. The hairdresser (he probably had few male customers with hair like mine) got all carried away, insited on using his ';tecnico'; and gave me anything but spikey hair (and my Spanish wasn't THAT bad - we did talk about ';pinturas';).





Instead, I ended up with this really, really, nice cut. He was chopping left right and centre, and the result was an emphasis on my waves, and a classic, ';surfy'; beached look. I loved it! Every hairdresser over there did the same thing, and my hair looked great.





Roll forward a coupla years, and back in the UK, I just don't get what I really want now. I always ask for my hair to be ';thinned out'; (it's way too thick), and ';chopped into';, but they seem far too delicate in doing so. My latest cut is a bit of a ';bob'; now. I would have complained but I don't know what to ask for!!





Help?What do I have to ask for at the hairdressers for a surfy beached wavey longish look?
go to Google, images, and type in surfer look, it will bring up mucho styles print the one you like best and take it to your hairdressers

No comments:

Post a Comment