Friday, May 14, 2010

Burnt scalp from overdying my hair. ANYONE IN BEAUTY SCHOOL OR HAIRDRESSERS?

I need major help. I have dyed my hair quite a few times this week, because i bleached it and it looked AWFUL. I don't know what to do about it..my scalp burns really bad, my hair looks awful (it's extremely damaged and broken), and i can't avoid the ponytail because wearing it down looks about 10 times as bad. I need someone to help me that knows what they're talking about, because I need to do something about this tomorrow. Please help me :( Thanks so much!Burnt scalp from overdying my hair. ANYONE IN BEAUTY SCHOOL OR HAIRDRESSERS?
A lot of colors and especially lighteners will make your hair as dry as the desert. So doing this repeatedly over a very short amount of time, I can only imagine how cry your poor hair is! Your hair is thirsty! What you should do is buy a hydrating treatment at a beauty supply store or sometimes they carry them at department/retail stores. A very rich conditioner would work 'okay' too. Saturate towel dried hair with it and put it in a plastic shower cap. The longer you leave it in, the better result you will get. Do some chores, surf the internet, do anything! I would suggest at least an hour. Believe me, you'll forget it's even on and your hair will be loving you. For extra penetration, heat up the hair with a blowdrier through the cap. What that does is open up the outer layer of hair to let the moisture in deeper. I would suggest doing this every other day depending on the damage. Then just wash it out!


Try alternative methods of wearing your hair, a thick headband or very loose ponytail. Any stress on the hair can make it break off much easier. Also, DO NOT color your hair again for a while. I've been in situations where clients who have very damaged hair come in and someone colors their hair and it falls out in chunks in the sink. You don't want that. The scalp issue just needs time to heal up but don't put any products such as gels or sprays anywhere near your scalp because it will very much delay the healing process. Steer clear of curling irons and flat irons as well. The heat will further damage your hair. I hope this helps! Good luck!Burnt scalp from overdying my hair. ANYONE IN BEAUTY SCHOOL OR HAIRDRESSERS?
Put aloe vera gel on your scalp to relieve and heal the burns.


Don't put anymore chemicals or heat on your head, you will be in more pain and do more damage.


The damage to you hair is already done and you will have to live with the ponytail until you can get a hair cut.


Aloe won't cure the hair problem but won't do any more damage.
No pony tails, it pulls the hair and that's the last thing you want to do right now because it will cause more breaking and damage to your hair and scalp. Rinse it first and apply conditioner to it and leave it. After about 5 min. rinse the conditioner out with cool water then get to a salon.
There are scalp masks that you apply to your scalp, wait like 5 min. and then wash out. My friend had a really dry scalp and this really helped her.
Saturate your hair in olive oil, gently rubbing it into the scalp. Wrap it in a warm, slightly moist towel and leave it on as long as you can. Try to avoid heat. You've damaged your hair and scalp enough. Your cuticle needs time to relax. It's not going to happen over night, but it will calm down eventually. If you absolutely have to color it again in order to fix it, then go with a semi permanent, but be careful. Buy a shade lighter than what you originally want, because damaged hair takes on color too dark sometimes. Do a strand test to see how long to leave it on. You might not have to leave it on as long as what the box says.

No comments:

Post a Comment