Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I want to perm my hair but all hairdressers say no?

My hair is longer than shoulder length, layered, i coloured it brown (my natural colour) 7 months ago and got blonde highlights 4 months ago.





It tends to get greasy too often so i thought about getting a perm. I always wanted to have curly hair so badly. In my country a very few hairdressers know how to do it, and if they do they do it too rarely and tend to refuse as they r not sure about the results. After visiting 7 parlors the outcome is: 4 of them say they dont do perming - the excuse: the method is too old and too damaging. The other 3 parlors do perming that lasts from 3 to 6 months and thats exactly what i want, but every single one of the hairdressers in them told me to NOT perm my hair with those blonde highlights. The reasons: the blonde hair would fall off during the procedure.





I asked them about a resolution they said ';let ur hair grow off and cut the highlights';..... hmmmm nice but that means years of waiting. Dead end. The other advice was to curl it everyday with an iron and i REALLY dont have time nor nerves for that. I need something practical and thats it.





I know people with blonde hair who had it permed 1-2 months after dying and they still have their hair. Whats so special about me that i cant do it? Honestly i lost more than an hour walking around parlors and im a bit pissed off. Yes if they say my hair will fall off, they might be right - but the truth is most hairdressers dont even have a license and make a mess of people s hair often.





Anyways the answer i want is: if its really IMPOSSIBLE as they say, what substitute of perming can i find? Or it wont harm my hair? If there s a risk then should i risk it? 10 points go to the most informing and detailed answer. If u r not willing to help me, then dont waste ur time on chit chat. Thanks in advance.I want to perm my hair but all hairdressers say no?
You didn't say what country you are from so I do not know anything about the salons there. You can perm hair that has been bleached and colored you just need a perm for high-lift color treated hair and it needs to be timed carefully because it may take sooner then the 20 minutes most perms take depending on your hair texture, thickness and porosity.I want to perm my hair but all hairdressers say no?
Buy a wig.

No comments:

Post a Comment