Friday, May 14, 2010

My hair is VERY dry and unmanageable? What to do (pref. hairdressers)?

So recently I have been having some major issues with my hair. It used to be really soft when I would get it wet in the shower to where i really didnt need conditioner and I wouldnt have to brush it out right away afterwards. Now It has gotten so dry that when I get it wet it feels so rough and matted up and almost like it dries right up when water touches it (if that makes sense) And I have to bring a brush with me in the shower and brush while hampoo is in hair and then when conditioner is in hair then after i rince I have to brush again then once Im out of the shower IMMEDIATLEY BRUSH IT AGAIN. If I dont do this my hair will be a mess and I just throw it up or cry trying to brush it out. I dont know whats wrong with it. It hasnt always been like this, just within the last couple of months or so.





Im trying to figure out what to do. I dont know if I need a haircut or a hot oil treatment or if I should just give it time. My hair dosent even feel the same anymore. I used to get compliments on my hair and now I cant even fix it because its so hard to brush, let alone dry then straighten. It always ends up in a bun or ponytail once it has air dryed because my hair is wavy when I let it air dry and it just looks nasty. I cant even take my hair down when I go swimming. Its disgusting. What should I do?





I dont have that much money right now, so I want to do something that will actuallyhelp so I dont waste my money. HELP ME! its driving me insane. Im thinking of just shaving my head and letting it grow back.My hair is VERY dry and unmanageable? What to do (pref. hairdressers)?
i'm trying to figure out why your hair would be doing this in the first place....are you on any new medications? are you using a very cheap shampoo and conditioner? do you swim every day (it sounds like it might be chlorine damage)? i need a little more info...





*edit*


well it sounds like youre not doing anything to make your hair do this. my advice is to get a really good deep conditioner. redken makes a product line called ';all soft'; and i use it on my clients with extremely dry hair. u can put it on in the shower and leave it in for 10 minutes. dont brush your hair when its wet, that will cause a lot of breakage. after you rinse it out comb your hair with a wide toothed comb then apply a leave in conditioner, this doesnt have to be a certain brand - just something to keep it moisturized while its dry. the all soft is a little pricey but well worth it. try to get it if you can. if you dont see results after a couple of conditioning treatments then i would suggest getting as much cut off as you can live with. hope this helps:)My hair is VERY dry and unmanageable? What to do (pref. hairdressers)?
A simple deep conditior will work.. leave it in for 5 to ten mminutes and rinse it out. While the conditon is in comb it down and then blow dry it with a diffuser. This should solve your problem! If not you might want to look into a chinese straightner, its a chemical treatment the permintenly striaghtens hair.
i think brushing it when its wet damages your hair!! and is it because its very long? or perhaps very thick?? perhaps get a haircut.. thin it out (if its too thick) and then quickly invest on some good (yet not too expensive) leave-in conditioner maybe? and get some moisture-intense shampoo designed for damaged hair..perhaps tell us a little bit more detail about your hair??? we will try to help!!
It could be buildup....try a clarifying shampoo, then use a ';cone'; free conditioner. (any ingredient ending with -cone or -xane is considered a ';cone';). Suave naturals is a good one to start with.


If you want more information, you can contact me.


(Is your hair straight? or curly, or wavy?)
cut it thats pretty much your only option
Ok first, I am not a hairdresser but I had your same problem, I would dye my hiar alot and blow dry/ straighten it.


1. Stop straightening your hair so much. give your hair a break for the heat.


2. Go to your nearest Walgreen's and buy ';Mane n Tail'; Shampoo and conditioner. It is about $7.50 per bottle but works wonderfully.


3. Go on eBay and pick up ';Mane n Tail'; herbal gro spray therapy.





These products are alot cheaper than salon products but give you the same result.
  • pimples blackheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment