Friday, May 14, 2010

My hair went wavy after going to the hairdressers?

I use to have very long hair (around up to my waist) and it was dead-straight %26amp; shiny, kinda like it was done with straighteners (but it wasn't). I went to the hairdressers 2 months ago and got it cut up to medium length (4 inches down my shoulder) and on that day (after the hairdressers) it was very straight. I also got my hair washed and blow dried by the hairdresser.





After going home, I got wet by a prank water balloon trick. I had to go wash my hair again. This time, my hair turned wavy and kinda frizzy %26amp; has many fly aways.





The worst thing is that the front is straight but the back is wavy. It looks frizzy and looks poufy.





What should I do to my hair? I don't want to use gel, but will use mousse.


I'm not going to straighten my hair or get an oil treatment.





Also, why has it gone wavy?My hair went wavy after going to the hairdressers?
Did you get a layered hair cut? Sometimes straight hair can be influenced into waves by layers...





Also was it hotter on the day? Did you sweat? Sometimes hormones can affect the oil and hair condition on the day. You need to use a different conditioner.





If you hairdry hair, curl inwards so the flyaways go in, not out.My hair went wavy after going to the hairdressers?
It is probably because you got layers if u did. Try shampoos that make hair straighter like Herbal essence dangerously straight.
did you get layers at the back?most of the weight in your hair that was making it so straight has been cut away,making it much lighter and allowing it to bounce up more.thats just hair im afraid. just think about someone who has really curly hair,when u pull it down its super long,but wen u let go its a lot shorter. adding layers to the mix will make it even more poofier...but when styled probably has a lot more personality than the boring old long hair u used to have. yes u can use mousse but it will not make ur hair any straighter.it will tame it,and if u flip ur hair over and scrunch the hair with mousse in your hands it will give a really nice effect.just play with it!!!


EDIT-oh by the way dont go wasting money on new shampoo's and conditioners,believe me they will not work,u cant buy shampoo to make straight hair curly,so how can u buy shampoo to make wavy hair straight???hormones will not effect ur hair's natural wave either,unless your hair has been shaved off and is growing back for the first time,or is falling out.have u ever heard of someone waking up with their dead straight hair tuning into an afro??!!!!no!!!!yes gradually as the hair grows it may change shape,but not by the way u epxerienced it
Wavy may very well be the way your hair is naturally, and the weight from its length that was making it so straight.





Your best bet, if you want it to look straight, is probably blow it dry with low heat but high air flow. That should get rid of most of the waves.





Otherwise look into shampoos and conditioners specifically for curly hair. I use Herbal Essence Totally Twisted 2 in 1 for daily care along with a weekly semi-deep conditioning (2 minutes), and my curls are soft and shiny (I just realized I really need to update my Yahoo Answers piccy).





You may also have to look into a new style. I found I look good in either fairly long or really short cuts, but anything in between made me look like Bozo. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment